The BMO Team of the Week 2011 Champion will be announced on Canada AM Monday August 22. We wish all the other teams in the contest Best of Luck!
I know some of you are in withdrawal from your early email vote reminders (LOL), parents running after your cars on king, children’s cheers resonate in your head for days and constant reminders from multi media and Promote Vote Dundas volunteers in your daily ventures. There are so many people to thank for their help and daily vote.
Please review our newsletters, Facebook page or Tweets as a timeline of our efforts and the amazing people who joined us in our journey along the way. We would still like to hear from you and don’t want to forget anyone’s involvement. We couldn’t have done this without all your support. We only hope that should another Dundas team submit entry next year to be BMO Team of the Week Contest that we learn and progress from our participation.
As a team we end this contest with the most positive experience from our community and would like to share some of those thoughts:
- I watched my son & daughter for 2 weeks raise awareness about voting. Fielding questions at home about why do people vote? Why don’t they vote? What is work ethic? What more can we do?…all this leading into relevant everyday life discussions. I couldn’t believe the poise & confidence developed. On our last day at the Waterdown Wal-Mart, my daughter turns to me with a smile and hug. She says “Mommy had had a really fun time today”. She melts my heart.
- Phone voting and proxy voting should be regulated and permitted. It’s unfair that the majority of our elderly community came forward to express their support but felt helpless because they were unable to vote. Everyday we value the experience of our elders coming forward to commend our efforts! This was worth more than any number of votes!
- This contest was quite the eye opening experience in a number of ways. I watched the children come together and define the true meaning of “teamwork”. Together they worked so hard promoting the team and trying to get votes. My child seemed tireless when I was overwhelmed. I was very surprised at her ability to keep going when we were behind and try even harder, and always with a smile on her face! It was unfortunate that we didn’t get the support from the community we expected. However, those who did support the cause were very enthusiastic and tried to help in any way possible, which was one of the things that kept us going. Through this we all learned that we never must never quit when we are down.
- I asked my child whether she had fun doing the contest, her response was a big smile; “yes, I loved being able to see everyone everyday”. That’s all that counts in the end, that the girls had fun!
- Something that BMO could improve on is the timing of this contest – summer holidays were a factor especially after the Aug. 1st long weekend. Kids being in school would have added soooo much more to the whole program. Positives – seeing teammates/parents taking the time and continuing to show interest to forge on through despite apparent adversity experienced… The 14 teammates of the Dundas Dragons showed the class, poise and generosity of spirit that is the cornerstone of why this all came to pass in the first place….
- Couldn’t believe all the cool things happening in our community like the Art crawl on James and I even went to my first Ticat game.
- Cactus Festival Parade Marshal’s-It’s not about winning…it’s about all the effort the Dundas Dragons have put into this…we see you everywhere.
- Next year the contest will be known and one week would be sufficient for the voting phase. 15 Days of voting is far too long.
- The local BMO branch should have been allowed to be a part of the community festivities and help the local nominated team. It was not fair that the contest imposed a rule that they could not publicly support us. It was perceived that we were being ignored by our local branch. Regardless of the rules imposed on them, other banks showed their support to the Dundas Dragons.
- I love trying new technology and the timeline really pushed me to find out more about screenscape. It’s a wonderful product and terrific tool for promotions.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU TOO! firstname.lastname@example.org